At Scandle LLC, we believe in truthfully labeling our products and, as such, have made a clear distinction between our body massage candles that are fragranced with essential oils (Scandle Essentials) and candles that are fragranced with fragrance oils (Scandle Originals). As consumers, you should know that not all massage candle companies will do so and prey on the fact that most consumers don't know what a true essential oil smells like. So, here is some facts to be aware of:
Essential oils are different from fragrance oils. The quality of the essential oil is what makes the difference between being therapeutic and just smelling nice.
- Essential oils are extracted from the seeds, roots, bark and berry of plants and are carefully refined to preserve the very thing that makes them "essential".
- The effect of the oil also depends on the species of plant used and how it was processed. Different varieties of the same oil can have different qualities and be used for different things. One essentially needs to be a chemist to really understand them all!
- Essential oils are usually more expensive. It takes about 30 petals of a rose to make a single drop of rose oil.
- Most candles are often scented with fragrance oils. There really isn't any cranberry essential oil.
- Fragrance Oils have usually been mixed with other synthetic oils or substances.
- Fragrance oils are usually cheaper.