Friday, September 12, 2008

Come "Tweet" With Us


Do you remember the days when making friends was simple? On the first day of Kindergarten I saw a little girl sitting alone on the steps. I walked over and sat down beside her and said, "Do you want to be my friend?" She said, "Yes," and so she became my best friend.


Now that we are all grown up, it might seem odd to approach someone and ask them to be your friend or mentor. But in reality the Internet has created a social network that makes it even easier to make friends. As spa or business owners and people in general, it has created a place where we can gather and talk about our concerns, our struggles, our successes and share information. With Twitter, for example, you get to know like-minded people simply by "following" them. (It all seemed odd to me in the beginning too.)


Twitter provides an opportunity to follow a wide variety of potential mentors whom you might never have the opportunity to meet otherwise. So join Scandle Body Candle and many others who are sharing life and business experiences.


Let's pretend we are on the playground and I have come and asked you if you will be my Twitter friend. If your answer is "yes" then come follow me and my other fellow Tweeters. With Twitter, there is no excuse to feel alone in business or life. You simply can't say that you don't know what other people are doing to succeed once you join the conversation.


Twitter gives you the opportunity to ask your business and product questions in one forum and get answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment