Cranberries are a staple of the holiday season. They are used in candles, potpourris and sprays to enhance the "holiday spirit." And let's not forget the important part they play on Thanksgiving.
Along with these holiday season elements, cranberries are a great source of antioxidants in the form of vitamins A and C. These festive fruits have become a staple in sugar scrubs used in spas during the winter season.
To create your own at-home cranberry body scrub, follow the directions below:
- Combine 1/2 cup organic cranberries, 1/2 cup organic pomegranate airls (seeds separated from the pulp), 3 tablespoons almond oil and 1 teaspoon glycerin in a food processor or blender
- Lightly blend until the mixture has a thick consistency, avoid blending it into a paste.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl
- Blend 1/4 cup dry oatmeal into a fine powder
- Add 2 tablespoon to your cranberry mixture
- For an added spice, add 2 drops of an essential oil (such as, orange, rosemary or lavender)
- Massage the mixture into your skin and gently exfoliate, let it set for around 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water.