Cinnamon's essential oil is an antimicrobial food, which gives it the ability to stop the growth of bacteria and fungi. Cinnamon also contains slight astringent properties, making it beneficial for skin care.
However, it might be a little overwhelming for extremely sensitive skin types. Try to always combine cinnamon with other ingredients so it does not cause irritation. Cinnamon oil also has a stimulating, warming effect, making it a popular choice for massage therapy.
In traditional Chinese medicine, cinnamon is used for its warming qualities and to provide relief when the onset symptoms of a cold begin.
To brighten up oily skin try out the facial below:
Cinnamon and Oatmeal Facial
- Combine 3 tsp. oatmeal, 3 tsp. powdered milk and 2 tsp. ground cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add just enough water to make a thick paste
- Stir in 1 tsp. vitamin E oil
- Apply the mask to your face, massaging in small circles
- Leave on for 2-3 minutes
- Rinse with warm water and apply a light moisturizer
Got any cinnamony treatments? Let us know about them!