With the onset of every season, our skin and hair must adapt to the changes in weather. Now that the fall is here and winter is slowly approaching, it is time to tweak your hair care routine to keep Jack Frost from ruining your winter do.
In Dry Skin - Ten Best Quick Fixes, we got the skin covered, now here are some tips to keep your hair moisturized:
- Use a thick, moisturizing conditioner that is made specifically for your hair type (thick, thin, curly, straight, etc). They are made that way for a reason. Some ultra-moisturizing conditioners may be too heavy for thin hair.
- Go easy on the blow dryer. Towel drying hair is always the best way to keep heat-damage at bay. You can still use it in the final styling process but don't start with completely wet hair.
- Use hair-specific masks, serums and oils to lock moisture in at least once a week. Try to use all-natural but if you can't, make sure it is alcohol-free.
- Always use alcohol-free products when styling your hair. They will make your hair feel drier.
- And, just like with your skin, avoid those hot showers. When your hair is hit with hot water, the follicles open and the moisture escapes quicker.