Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Add some passion to your winter season

With the weather finally creeping up the thermometer, it is time to put some passion back into my winter.

The passion fruit has long been a staple of South American medicinal treatments and is now making its way into spas and cosmetics.

This powerful fruit is said to reduce cancer cell growth. Though research is underway, the phytochemicals in the fruit juice are considered to inhibit cancer cell growth. It also contains Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium and tons of antioxidants.

Since I don't have time for an all-day trip to the spa, I thought I would light my Scandle (for my spa treatment) and make a Passion Fruitini (for my mind treatment).

Passion Fruitini:
• 1 cup lemon vodka
• 2 tbsp triple sec
• 12 oz white cranberry juice
• 12 oz passion fruit juice

Put in large pitcher filled with ice, and stir briskly. Pour into cocktail glasses while straining the ice.

What are you doing to keep the spring in your winter season? Let us know.................

No comments:

Post a Comment